Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fruit Pizza

This is one I've gotten a few requests for, so I figured it should be my first post.

I made this last year for my father-in-law's birthday (and since it turned out to be so delicious, my birthday as well!)



1 package (20 oz) refrigerated sliceable sugar cookie dough, sliced.

1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened. (I used Philadelphia cause I swear it works better for "sweet" things)

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Fruit- I used kiwi, strawberries, blueberries and mandarin oranges. I think pineapples, bananas, and raspberries would work great as well.

1/4 apricot preserves (I used apricot pineapple cause that's what I had at the time), pressed thru sieve to remove lumps

1 tablespoon water.

Preheat oven to 375. Line a pizza pan with foil; spray with cooking spray, press cookie slices together to make a "pizza" crust. Bake 14 min and cool. Invert onto serving plate; carefully remove foil.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer on medium until well blended. Spred over crust. (I actually put a little spoonful of the preserves in the cream cheese part to make it more fruity)

Arrange fruit over cream cheese layer. Mix the preserves with water (enough to make it about the same texture as maple syrup) and brush/drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate 2 hours.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a food blog! I love new recipes! I totally stole your idea of a fruit pizza and had one for my birthday...I think I'll keep up the tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks SO good I have to try this I am so happy you started this I having been dying to try your recipes you should put your stuffed mushrooms on here!

    ReplyDelete