Friday, April 8, 2011

Sweet Potato Pie


I have to apologize for my complete lack of blogging in what... 7 months? yikes! I don't really have a good excuse other than everyday life keeping me busy enough to slack off here. So for that, I'm sorry.

I had the chance to make some pies for Thanksgiving last year and they turned out so well that I wanted to share the recipe with you. This recipe is obviously more "fall" than our current season, but it is still so yummy! It tastes like pumpkin pie, but even better :)

Sweet Potato Pie

What you need:

1 large sweet potato
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Bake the sweet potato (skin still on) for 40-50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over it and peel off the skin.

Mash the sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.

Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. (The pie will puff up and then will sink down as it cools)

1 comment: