Thursday, July 1, 2010

Italian-Style Breaded Chicken

I found this recipe online and decided to make this for my husband's birthday dinner. We both LOVED it! I'll definitely be making this one again. The chicken was so moist and crunchy all at the same time and the lemon and rosemary had a flavor party in my mouth. Mmmmm!!


What you need:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp dried rosemary, or 1/2 Tbsp fresh rosemary
juice from 1/4 lemon
1/2 c panko bread crumbs
1/4 c finely crushed almonds
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 375. Grease a casserole dish lightly with olive oil and set aside.

Combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest, rosemary, and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.

In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, almonds and cheese and mix well.

Place chicken in casserole dish and brush mayonnaise mixture on top. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top of the mayonnaise until well coated.

Drizzle olive oil on top of the bread crumbs and bake at 375 for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is done.

Enjoy!

I did change a few things from the original recipe, but I still would like to give them the credit they deserve for inspiring me. Click here for the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment